BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 13, 2009

Humanity, Humility and the likes..

Petty things, that seem so trivial sometimes reinforce one's faith in the positive side of human nature.Small efforts or genuine gestures touch you and add up to make a big difference to the way you think. The other day, one of the security guard of our P.S. station stopped us as usual for checking our Id cards. Now that's a common routine and we were past the phase of cursing them under our breath for not remembering our faces or rather pretending not to. As usual we began rummaging through our stuff for the i-card and the guy said,"I am sorry.. I am checking you daily.. Please don't mind.. This is my duty.. " in a tone so humble that a pang of guilt struck me immediately for the highhandedness knowingly or unknowingly we seemed to exhibit. In short, the guy has earned my respect and I salute him for the way in which he goes about his work.

It always depressed me that every other individual out there is trying to exploit everyone else. Human relations have always seemed agenda driven other than those of the blood.There was a time when I did not have much regard for them. A gazillion thoughts and calculations precede every move one makes and this makes life seem so thick. But of late I have realised that there are still people out there who do stuff without an ultimate selfish agenda. These are people who live in the moment without all the rotten thoughts about extracting the most out of each action and situation. Naming them isnt going to help any cause and to be frank I guess it only coz they dont really bother to care. I truly regard and respect all of them, even if its just a phase of their life and surely they are gonna let the feeling pass...!!

1 comment:

Ashwin said...

nice....keep going
more than 4k ppl, cant expect them to remember all the faces :(