BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 27, 2009

Blast From the Past..!!

The shift from orkut to facebook has been hasty leaving me kind of inactive on the former networking site except for a couple of communities and a quickc reply to an occasional scrap from some friend. Yes, I am as jobless as one can ever be. Newaz, as usual I opened the site to find a new friend request and a message saying 'do you remember me??' from one Mohd. Imran... The name did ring a bell instantly in my mind but then again it seemed highly unlikely, kind of nearly impossible. But nevertheless i decided to respond and to my utter astonishment and delight it was the same guy. I mean try this, it had been 13 years since I last saw or spoke to him. We were classmates from 1st to 3rd class..!!! beat that..!! The guy moved to Delhi n there had been no way of keeping in touch.. But thanks to the social networking sites and his really good memory, this happened...!!

Almost instantly it brought back memories..memories of stiff competetion in studies, well we were kind of toppers back then :P..memories of him bullying me and scaring the shit out of me with his weirdo theories of man-eaters disguised as rickshaw-wallas until I started crying(True Story).. One of his birthday parties(dont remember which one) and the upset tummy that followed..!!

He happens to be doing MBBS in A.P. but thanks, this time to the cellular technology, we spoke to each other. I literally had goosebumps..Well, not everyday does one get to experience something like this..It was like pressing the rewind button on one's life and just watching it in 3rd person's view but the only diff being, we always conversed in English while in school.. but this time around it was pure Telugu..!!We started off with a brief exchange of pleasantries and then catching up on the last 13 years in a couple of minutes..!! n then abt mutual friends.. and a promise to keep in touch this time around..!!

As the tagline of a popular cellular network says, 'Life changes in seconds..!!'
But it so happens that somethings never change, even after a decade..!!A mere phone call and you just lose track of time and all of a sudden are 10 years younger..!! But the magic lasts only till the conversation comes to and end.. Nevertheless, it had been a really wonderful experience..Truly, once in a lifetime one..!!

No comments: